Saturday, October 27, 2012

CICERO - FOR YOUR SUNDAY MEDITATION

 As I was reading around some of my sources yesterday, I came across this quote from Cicero, one I had seen before but seemed so apt for this moment in time. 

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

I am not so sure about surviving a nation of fools, but the rest of this quote describes our current White House occupant so distinctly, I could not ignore it.  I would also say the "he" in this quote applies to many of both genders in our halls of power today , but the epitome of deception is in the White House and has surrounded himself with like-minded deceivers.  I never thought I would see such a day in my nation.  But here we are....

1 comment:

  1. We have plenty of traitors. The Secretary of State, the Director of the CIA, the Secretary of Defense, at least three Generals, and the Commnade-in-Chief are all traitors. I just added a picture to the bottom of today's post. It says "When Obama called the Seals, they got bin Laden. When the Seals called Obama, they got denied."

    These people must be held accountable on November 6.

    ReplyDelete