Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BEYOND FIXING? OR, BEGIN THE PROCESS

By the time I was awake for 20 minutes this morning, trying to sip my tea, read the newspaper, and catch a few sound bites from Fox news, I was hit with these subjects of concern: gay marriage, North Korea, gun rights, and subsidized renewable energy policies,....oh, and let me add, a retired government employee who is receiving $35,000 per month in pension.   20 minutes.  And we wonder why people are tuning out of political discourse?  I'm surprised that the entire nation isn't taking Ritalin for ADHD by now.  Who can concentrate on the every day tasks at hand with those sorts of heavy threats to our culture and national defense coming at them?   If you are halfway engaged in gathering the news reports of the day, you have two choices.  You can wrestle with your brain to decide which of these weighty subjects to tackle today, or you can try to put them out of your mind long enough to proceed to your job or your own life's tasks in order to pay your own bills and live some kind of normal life.

And there lies the Alinsky method of "overwhelming the system."  Not just overwhelming the government system, though they have certainly succeeded at that.  But, I'm beginning to believe they have succeeded in overwhelming each American by overloading each person's ability to keep up with their attacks.  Simple war tactics would support this theory.  It's all about throwing so much at the opposition that the opposition can't function, whether it's bullets, poison, economic threats, or attacks on the very foundations on which the nation stands.  What is the antidote to this?  

I read a great article yesterday at Freedom Outpost by an author who is suggesting it is time to get on with the revolution.  Not a revolution of bullets, but a revolution of law-abiding citizens stepping up and taking the first step of counting the grievances and taking those grievances to the ruling class.  I agree.  The list will be long.   

Here is his request:
"The first thing that “We the People” must do is set forth a list of our demands. This is our country. We need to pinpoint every change that we wish to see made and we must deliver these to the lawmakers. I am offering today to be that messenger. That is one thing that I can do, but I cannot do it alone. I will need massive response. The only way that will happen is if this post goes viral like the post from 45 days ago.  I cannot guarantee that will happen, but I can guarantee it will happen if millions of people are truly in support of this revolution. Time will tell."

You can go to that page and comment with your list of demands.  It is time.  It is actually past time.
The ruling class will no doubt thumb their noses at such an effort as this and possibly do even more to shut down dissent.  So did the British government in the 1700's.  What happens after this?

I have read that during the American Revolution there were many who refused to take sides for various reasons.  Today we are not afforded that luxury.  This revolution is going to take a massive uprising if we are going to rein in the tyranny we are facing.  By uprising, I mean taking back the government offices and taking them out of power...such as the unelected bureaucracies in DC and the elected officials at all levels who are allowing DC to micromanage every aspect of our lives. Take back the school system. Stop sending money to DC.  By uprising, I mean turn down the grant money, turn down the regulations, turn down and turn back the power to Constitutional advocates.  

Frankly, right now I don't see this happening.  Grassroots freedom organizations are being ignored.  Christians are being ignored.  Rights are burning up faster than dry kindling doused with gasoline. While everyone is watching these issues, one by one, Agenda 21 has taken over the entire Federal government using Alinsky rules.  The Federal government, all three branches, is very busy destroying the Constitution daily.  They are being paid to do it with our own money....and that of our children and grandchildren. 

Maybe the situation could be described as FUBAR, excuse the crude jargon.  Beyond fixing?  
Anybody who's ever read-up on Alinsky and the Cloward-Piven strategy can tell you that much of their technique for attacking the establishment involves 'overwhelming' public facilities, government institutions, and financial systems in order to bring bring them to a grinding halt. They then aim to get what they want through blackmail and/or a collapse of the target, inflicting wholesale changes upon the current status quo via civil disruption/force.

(Hat tips to my friend in Venezuela who changed the name of his blog to "Asylum Watch."   I think he feels the reality of "beyond fixing.")    


  


6 comments:

  1. Yeah, I really do think things are beyond fixing. Those of us who see what is happening and want to stop it are probably 50% of those who normally vote Republican. Taht would make us about 25% of the electorate. Most of us are baby boomers or older. We will be gone in twenty years.

    Having said that, because Europe and Japan are further down the path than the US, we could see some good times come our way; but that will only encourage the progressives to work harder to kill the golden goose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, dear Jim. I've just run up against it with another friend who calls me frequently (or used to...probably won't any more) to tell me how much he believes in our causes and has armed himself to the teeth. This friend refused to show up at the 2nd Amendment Rally, and refuses to sign onto our tea party. He called yesterday to tell me he thinks "subtlety" is the answer to this and that he has befriended (one of my mortal enemies) the county commissioner who lives off government largesse and is so corrupt...tried to sign the county onto that Obama "regional" Agenda 21 governance, has tried to line his pockets by buying up property and then sits on the committee to drive fed and state dollars to build a road next to his property...on and on. Anyway, my friend says "Oh, he is really a nice guy." And trust me my friend knows what crap this guy has pulled and keeps trying to pull. So ....my friend tells me he thinks he can get somewhere by kissing up to this commissioner. HA HA. Isn't going to happen. Both of these men are in their 70's...so much for morals and wisdom.

      I am just about to quit on this effort of trying to save this nation for my family. Most people who just refuse to hit it head on, stand up, and actually level with people about the situation. Complain and gripe...but then they just play the game. I'm sooooo frustrated. Guess you can tell, eh? I think we are done. Weinies and Chickens.

      Delete
  2. I Am not ready to give up until the 2014 election. We did it once before in 2010 and I think we can do it again. Two more years of this nonsense and there may be an awakening. After that, my bet is off. We lost the last election because the Gopers did not come out and vote. Wait til obamacare kicks in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just so hope you are right, Bunker. I think there are days where I just hit the wall with so much coming at us. I am still working with the local tea party and our local GOP as much as I can. Obviously I am frustrated with the folks who refuse to get the message that you are pointing out..."it is now or never." We'll see what happens, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but wonder (and worry) that you are right in your assessment.

    On the social side of the argument, we are told we must accept anything and everything that comes down the pike. Live and let live, for what does it matter what two men in Vermont do with each, or if they are allowed to marry. We have moved from the phase of tolerance to being forced to accept their actions as normal and to give them moral equivalency. And we wonder why America is in the condition she is in? That should be clue enough.

    On the fiscal side of the argument, we are told we must accept this as the new normal. Cutting spending in real dollars may very well be beyond our reach. If you question that, just look at the flame war that was started because we tried to cut the growth in spending. If you listen to Obama and company, you would think we were out on the streets, taking food and money from the poor and homeless. Until we get past that and can convince enough Americans that we are right in our fiscal arguments, we are fighting a losing battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LD...Exactly. Progressives (in both parties) keep moving the goal post while creating their own reality of dependence...and they are succeeding. Whether it is social / moral issues or fiscal issues, they create the problems and then step in and say we are at fault, so we must pay to solve the problem they created. This does not allow us to "live and let live" any more. It has become so much more than that. As you point out, see what happens when you try to cut spending. Notice which spending they choose to cut, not the superfluous nonsense, but they always cut the necessary in order to convince the public that more spending is needed. How clever! We must keep telling the truth, both to the public and to the elected...otherwise....well, I can't cope with the otherwise, so I keep trying.

      Delete