"Nancy Pelosi serving up the Feast for Democrat Special Interest Groups"
©Cheryl A. Pass
Give 'em and inch and they'll take a mile! My mother used to say that....the inch and the mile thing. It fits so well in this instance, the "stimulating" left-wing socialist program bill before the congress. It would be a joke if it weren't for the serious thievery and slimy, underhanded, disgusting, deceiving, hypocritical, fraudulence of the democrats. As most of you know it has nothing to do with getting the American economy back on track, but rather stealing the livelihoods of several generations to pay for the unconstitutional bureaucratic big brotherhood of political thugs.
When your liberal "friends" tell you how happy and "hopeful" they are, about their new president and their majority in the congress, you can ask them, "Do you know you voted for trillions of dollars in more entitlement programs that are bankrupting the country?" After years of bashing George Bush on the subject of running up deficits, you can now ask them,"Do you know that your President and Congress are in process of tripling the deficits?"
When they tell you they are so happy to see an administration that is going to be "fair," you can ask them, "Since when is stealing fair?" and, "Where is that in the constitution?"
What you can do......email your congressional reps and tell them NO NO NO on the stimulus bill!!! Do it. You can find their contact information by google search. Their congressional websites have email contact links.....it isn't hard to do. Just do it!!
Captured from another conservative warrior blog, here are some stats:from Fort Hard Knox
According to the Wall Street Journal:
* Only 12 cents out of every dollar is for growth stimuli (which doesn’t go into effect for years in some cases)
* $600 million is to buy themselves new “green” cars (even though they already spend $3 billion per year)
* $252 billion is for people who do nothing: $81 billion for Medicaid, $36 billion for unemployment benefits, $20 billion for food stamps, and $83 billion for people who don’t pay income tax
* $54 billion will go to “ineffective” government programs (reported by the Office of Management and Budget or the Government Accountability Office)
* $66 billion goes to the Department of Education
It gets worse. According to CNS News and Fox News:
* $500 per worker and $1,000 per couple including illegal aliens since social security numbers can’t be checked
* $335 million for STDs
* $4.19 billion in “neighborhood stabilization activities” such as ACORN
* $10 million for bike and walking trails
* $200 million for plug-in car stations
* $400 million for climate change research
* $600 million for grants for diesel emission reduction
* $650 million for “alternative energy technologies”
* $1.5 billion for construction of “green schools”
* $2.7 billion would go toward embryonic stem cell experimentation
* $75 million for smoking cessation
* $246 million over 11 years for investors in big budget movie projects
* $50 billion to the National Endowment for the Art
* $150 million for bees called “honey insurance”
* $20 million for “fish barriers”