Monday, February 28, 2011

IT'S ALL ABOUT TAKING YOUR MONEY AND LAND

Sometimes you come up against a dragon you cannot slay. Remember what I said in a previous post about "Futility" not being "Fun?" The more research I do on the Lands Conservancies and their unholy marriage to our government(s), the more I wonder if it will ever be possible to divorce our society from them. It's a tangled web and very insidious. Especially because we have government officials who are just all to happy to throw away the private property rights of individuals for the communitarian "common good" they have been sold by the environmentalist groups. It's going to take a lot more than my one little voice and a few people here and there to rid us of this scourge.

Meanwhile, I'm sharing a 2009 article (below) from Met Life telling their clients all about the fabulous tax advantages of "conservation easements." In essence, in this article, Met Life is selling the idea of transferring private property over to nonprofits and governments for the sake of wealth management. Government agencies are participating with full vigor to implement all of the conservation easements and protections they can get their hands on. Mind you, as you consider this issue, that the land being transferred is going out of private hands into the hands of government bureaucracies and nonprofits using your tax dollars to do it.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe I have ever had the issue come before me on a ballot. In other words, I was never consulted as a voter to bless the use of my tax money (Fed, State, or Local) to be used as an incentive to take private property for the "common good" creating conservation areas. An entire huge industry has erupted around this concept. And our taxes are going for grants to employ slews of bureaucrats and tree huggers just for the purpose of transferring (redistributing) the wealth of land and money.

The article states this as of 2009: "The 1980s saw strong growth of the land trust movement so that today the Land Trust Alliance, a grassroots organization that unites and champions organizations in local communities working to save natural areas, now represents 1,600 land trusts nationwide. The Nature Conservancy and other preservation organizations are major forces in land conservation today. " That statement is just the tip of the iceberg, as you know that today, two years hence, the nonprofit conservancy groups have multiplied like roaches.

If it weren't so tragic, I'd be laughing at the description of the Land Trust Alliance as a "grassroots organization." I guess if you think the United Nations is a "grassroots organization" that has any jurisdiction within the sovereign United States, you might think that statement is true. But the entire premise of this land taking operation was established and is being implemented through a United Nations' Agenda 21 initiative. There is nothing "grassroots" or American about this. In fact, the entire premise is completely antithetical to the protection of property rights in the United States Constitution.

2009 Met Life Article on Land Trusts

2011 White House report on the Land Trust Alliance

Excerpt: "In communities across America, nonprofit land trusts are working with private landowners to keep farm, ranch and forest lands in productive use, create community parks and open space, protect important fish and wildlife habitat, and conserve our scenic and historic heritage. With the help of more than 100,000 volunteers and 2 million members, land trusts have conserved more than 37 million acres, including more than 12 million acres protected by voluntary conservation agreements with private landowners."

Well, I'm an artist and not exactly a math genius, but even I can see that statement says that out of 37 million acres, 12 million acres are "protected" (which actually means "restricted use") by voluntary means. That would mean that 25 million acres are involuntarily confiscated?

Over 40% of all land within the lower 48 states is now held by governments and out of the hands of private ownership. If 2/3 of it is taken involuntarily by land trusts and governments as indicated in this article, what does that say about our Constitutional private property rights? Not much, if you ask me.

Now I can think of some serious unemployment I would like to personally cause. I'd put everyone involved in the Agenda 21 business in America out of business and out of work. And I don't think I'd be willing to pay them unemployment benefits. But that's just me. I'd haul them into court on charges of fraud and treason. But that's just me.

So there is another part of the ongoing saga of Lands Conservancies taking America away from our citizens. Stay tuned. I'm so incensed on the subject that I am likely to continue my rant for a while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment